Kansas City to Denver
Current records: Kansas City 11-5; Denver 7-9
What there is to know
The Denver Broncos are 0-11 against the Kansas City Chiefs since November 2016, but they will have a chance to close the gap a bit on Saturday. Denver and Kansas City will face off in an AFC West battle at 4:30 p.m. ET at Empower Field in Mile High. Since both of these teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a bit of extra motivation heading into this game.
A win for the Broncos just wasn’t in the All-Star last Sunday, as the team never even took a temporary lead. 2022 “greeted” them with a 34-13 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers. No one has had an offensive game offensively for Denver, but QB Drew Lock led the way with a touchdown. Lock finished with a passer rating of 167.50.
Kansas City suffered a bitter loss last Sunday, failing to capitalize on an early lead against the Cincinnati Bengals. It was a tough showdown, but Kansas City had to settle for a 34-31 loss to Cincinnati. The losing team were bolstered by RB Darrel Williams, who scored two rushing touchdowns.
The Chiefs ‘defense was also there, as it crossed the Bengals’ offensive line to sack the quarterback four times for an aggregate loss of 31 yards. In the lead, DT Chris Jones and his two sacks. Jones now has nine sacks in 16 games.
Kansas City is now 11-5 while the Broncos are 7-9. Kansas City landed a playoff berth as the current AFC second seed. Denver was eliminated from the playoffs.
Denver must know they are going to fight an uphill battle given the 10-point gap they are up against. Those who play the odds have seen it come and go with Denver, who is 7-8 ATS.
A pair of stats to watch: Denver enters the competition with the third fewest touchdowns allowed in the league at 29. But the Chiefs come into the game with 51 total offensive touchdowns, good for the third-best in the NFL. We will see which of these forces, offensive or defensive, wins.
How to watch
- When: Saturday at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Or: Empower Field at Mile High – Denver, Colorado
- TV: ABC
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports app
The Chiefs are a 10-point favorite against the Broncos, according to the latest NFL odds.
Over / Under: -109
See the NFL picks for each game, including this one, of SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get choices now.
History of the series
Kansas City have won 12 of their last 13 games against Denver.
- December 05, 2021 – Kansas City 22 vs. Denver 9
- December 06, 2020 – Kansas City 22 v Denver 16
- October 25, 2020 – Kansas City 43 v Denver 16
- December 15, 2019 – Kansas City 23 v Denver 3
- October 17, 2019 – Kansas City 30 vs. Denver 6
- October 28, 2018 – Kansas City 30 vs. Denver 23
- October 01, 2018 – Kansas City 27 vs. Denver 23
- December 31, 2017 – Kansas City 27 vs. Denver 24
- October 30, 2017 – Kansas City 29 vs. Denver 19
- December 25, 2016 – Kansas City 33 v Denver 10
- November 27, 2016 – Kansas City 30 vs. Denver 27
- November 15, 2015 – Kansas City 29 vs. Denver 13
- September 17, 2015 – Denver 31 vs. Kansas City 24