through 2 quarters
The Dallas Cowboys already have more two-quarter points against the Philadelphia Eagles than they totaled against the Arizona Cardinals last week. the Cowboys have some cushion as they currently lead Philadelphia 30-17 at halftime
Dallas was led by QB Dak Prescott, who so far has four touchdowns and 240 yards on 21 attempts. RB Kenneth Gainwell has led the way so far for Philadelphia, as he rushed for a touchdown and 63 yards on eight carries.
Here’s an interesting fact: Dallas also had a 13-point lead after the second quarter of the teams’ last meeting.
Dallas @ Philadelphia
Current records: Dallas 11-5; Philadelphia 9-7
What there is to know
The Dallas Cowboys have enjoyed the comforts of home in their last two games, but now they have to hit the road. Dallas and the Philadelphia Eagles meet in an NFC East battle at 8:15 p.m. ET on Saturday at Lincoln Financial Field. Philadelphia will strut after a win while the Cowboys stumble after a loss.
Dallas was close but no cigar last week as they lost 25-22 to the Arizona Cardinals. Dallas’ loss came despite a quality game from QB Dak Prescott, who had three touchdowns and 226 yards on 38 attempts. Prescott had a 139.20 passer rating.
Meanwhile, Philadelphia didn’t have too much leeway in their game against the Washington soccer team last week, but they came away with a 20-16 victory nonetheless. RB Boston Scott was the offensive star of the game against Philadelphia, scoring two rushing touchdowns.
The Cowboys are now 11-5 while the Eagles are 9-7. Dallas clinched a playoff berth as the current fourth seed in the NFC. Philadelphia nabbed a playoff berth as the current seventh seed in the NFC.
Dallas is the favorite in this one, with an expected margin of victory of 4 points. They were consistent ATS cash generators when favored (8-3), so they could be worth a quick bet.
A pair of offensive stats to watch out for: The Cowboys rank second in the NFL for total offensive touchdowns, with 48 over the season. The Eagles showed some offensive firepower coming into the game with 24 rushing touchdowns, which is the best in the league.
How to watch
- When: Saturday at 8:15 p.m. ET
- Or: Lincoln Financial Field – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- TV: ABC
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports app
- Cost of the ticket: $ 129.00
The Cowboys are a 4-point favorite against the Eagles, according to the latest NFL odds.
The line drifted a bit to the Cowboys, as the game opened with the Cowboys as the 2.5-point favorites.
Over / Under: -110
See the NFL picks for each game, including this one, of SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get choices now.
History of the series
Dallas has won eight of its last 13 games against Philadelphia.
- Sep 27, 2021 – Dallas 41 vs. Philadelphia 21
- December 27, 2020 – Dallas 37 v Philadelphia 17
- November 01, 2020 – Philadelphia 23 v Dallas 9
- December 22, 2019 – Philadelphia 17 vs. Dallas 9
- October 20, 2019 – Dallas 37 v Philadelphia 10
- December 09, 2018 – Dallas 29 v Philadelphia 23
- November 11, 2018 – Dallas 27 vs. Philadelphia 20
- Dec 31 2017 – Dallas 6 vs. Philadelphia 0
- November 19, 2017 – Philadelphia 37 vs. Dallas 9
- January 01, 2017 – Philadelphia 27 vs. Dallas 13
- October 30, 2016 – Dallas 29 v Philadelphia 23
- November 08, 2015 – Philadelphia 33 v Dallas 27
- September 20, 2015 – Dallas 20 v Philadelphia 10