through 3 quarters
This game appears to be very different from the tight one-point margin of the Golden State Warriors’ victory over the Milwaukee Bucks in their previous head-to-head in April of last year. After three quarters it looks more and more like Milwaukee’s powerful offense, too much for the Warriors as the Bucks lead 100-72.
Power forward Giannis Antetokounmpo has led the way so far for Milwaukee as he has 29 points and nine assists in addition to nine rebounds and three blocks. A double-double would be Antetokounmpo’s third in a row.
Golden State relied on small forward Andrew Wiggins, who has 16 points, and point guard Stephen Curry, who has 12 points and four assists with seven tips.
If the contest was over at this point, it would be Golden State’s worst line of defeat yet this year.
Golden State @ Milwaukee
Current records: Golden State 30-10; Milwaukee 26-17
What there is to know
The Milwaukee Bucks will head home after a three game road trip. They will face the Golden State Warriors at 7:30 p.m. ET Thursday at the Fiserv Forum after having had a few days off. If the contest looks like Golden State’s 122-121 victory in their previous meeting in April of last year, the scorer will be very busy.
The Bucks were close but no cigar on Monday as they lost 103-99 to the Charlotte Hornets. Despite the loss, Milwaukee performed well from little forward Khris Middleton, who dropped a double-double with 27 points and 11 dimes with seven boards, and forward Giannis Antetokounmpo, who nearly scored a triple- double on 26 points, 13 rebounds, and eight assists.
Meanwhile, the Dubs fell to the Memphis Grizzlies on Tuesday, losing 116-108. Little forward Andrew Wiggins didn’t really make a difference for the Warriors; Wiggins played 33 minutes with and four turnovers.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Milwaukee is set to win a tight contest. They’ve failed bettors playing the spread in their last two games, so buyers are wary.
The losses put Milwaukee at 26-17 and Golden State at 30-10. The Bucks are 9-7 after losses this year, the Dubs 8-1.
How to watch
- When: Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Or: Fiserv Forum – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- TV: TNT
- To follow: CBS Sports app
- Cost of the ticket: $ 69.00
The Bucks are a slight one-point favorite against the Warriors, according to the latest NBA odds.
The punters moved slightly against the Bucks, as the game opened with the Bucks as the 2.5-point favorite.
Over / Under: -110
See the NBA’s picks for each game, including this one, of SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get choices now.
History of the series
Golden State has won six of its last 11 games against Milwaukee.
- April 06, 2021 – Golden State 122 vs. Milwaukee 121
- December 25, 2020 – Milwaukee 138 v Golden State 99
- January 08, 2020 – Milwaukee 107 v Golden State 98
- December 07, 2018 – Golden State 105 v Milwaukee 95
- November 08, 2018 – Milwaukee 134 v Golden State 111
- March 29, 2018 – Milwaukee 116 v Golden State 107
- January 12, 2018 – Golden State 108 v Milwaukee 94
- March 18, 2017 – Golden State 117 v Milwaukee 92
- November 19, 2016 – Golden State 124 v Milwaukee 121
- December 18, 2015 – Golden State 121 v Milwaukee 112
- December 12, 2015 – Milwaukee 108 v Golden State 95
Milwaukee injury report
- Jrue Holiday: Out (ankle)
- Luke Kornet: Out (unrelated to injury)
- Langston Galloway: absent (Covid-19)
- Brook Lopez: Out (Back)
Golden State injury report
- James Wiseman: out (knee)
- Draymond Green: Out (Calf)