Atlanta @ Los Angeles
Current records: Atlanta 17-21; Los Angeles 19-21
What there is to know
The Los Angeles Clippers are getting back to it right away by hosting the Atlanta Hawks at 3:30 p.m. ET on January 9 at the Crypto.com Arena. Since both teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a bit of extra motivation ahead of this competition.
The Clippers received a heavy blow last Saturday as they lost 123-108 to the Memphis Grizzlies. A silver lining for Los Angeles was the play of power forward Marcus Morris, who had 29 points and eight rebounds.
Meanwhile, Atlanta fell far behind the Los Angeles Lakers when they played last Friday, losing 134-118. Atlanta’s top scorer was point guard Trae Young (25 points). This is the fourth game in a row in which Trae Young has had at least 11 assists.
The Clippers are expected to lose this next par 4. Those who stay with them ATS have guts, to put it politely, as the team have let punters down in their last three games.
Los Angeles managed to secure a solid victory over Atlanta when the two teams met previously in March of last year, winning 119-110. Will Los Angeles repeat their success or does Atlanta have a better game plan this time around? We will find out soon enough.
How to watch
- When: Sunday at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Or: Crypto.com Arena – Los Angeles, California
- TV: Bally Sports SoCal
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports app
- Cost of the ticket: $ 13.87
The Hawks are a 4-point favorite against the Clippers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The punters had a good idea of the line for this one, as the game opened with the Hawks as the 5-point favorite.
Over / Under: -110
See the NBA’s picks for each game, including this one, of SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get choices now.
History of the series
Los Angeles have won eight of their last 12 games against Atlanta.
- March 22, 2021 – Los Angeles 119 vs. Atlanta 110
- January 26, 2021 – Atlanta 108 v Los Angeles 99
- January 22, 2020 – Atlanta 102 v Los Angeles 95
- November 16, 2019 – Los Angeles 150 vs. Atlanta 101
- January 28, 2019 – Atlanta 123 v Los Angeles 118
- November 19, 2018 – Los Angeles 127 vs. Atlanta 119
- January 08, 2018 – Los Angeles 108 v Atlanta 107
- November 22, 2017 – Los Angeles 116 v Atlanta 103
- February 15, 2017 – Los Angeles 99 v Atlanta 84
- January 23, 2017 – Los Angeles 115 v Atlanta 105
- March 05, 2016 – Atlanta 107 v Los Angeles 97
- Jan 27, 2016 – Los Angeles 85 v Atlanta 83
Los Angeles injury report
- Justise Winslow: absent (Covid-19)
- Luke Kennard: Released (Covid-19)
- Isaiah Hartenstein: Out (ankle)
- Paul George: out (elbow)
- Jason Preston: absent (foot)
- Kawhi Leonard: out (knee)
Atlanta injury report
- Gorgui Dieng: absent (Covid-19)
- Clint Capela: Out (ankle)
- Chris Clemons: absent (Covid-19)
- Cameron Oliver: absent (Covid-19)
- De’Andre Hunter: Out (wrist)
- Solomon Hill: Out for the season (hamstrings)