through 3 quarters
The Indiana Pacers and Brooklyn Nets occupied the scorers with 196 three-quarters of their own. there is still a win for both teams, but Indiana leads 101-95.
The Pacers leaned on forward Domantas Sabonis, who nearly managed a triple-double with 24 points, 11 rebounds and nine assists, and shooter Lance Stephenson, who has 28 points and five assists. One thing to watch out for is the deplorable situation of Keifer Sykes, who currently has four.
Brooklyn was led by forward Kevin Durant, who so far has 31 points and four assists as well as seven boards.
This is the first time Indiana has been ahead in the fourth quarter in the last eight games.
Brooklyn @ Indiana
Current records: Brooklyn 23-12; Indiana 14-24
What there is to know
The Indiana Pacers haven’t won a game against the Brooklyn Nets since Nov. 18, 2019, but they will look to end the drought on Wednesday. Indiana returns by hosting Brooklyn at 7:30 p.m. ET on January 5 at Gainbridge Fieldhouse. Both teams suffered a loss in their last game, so they will have a lot of motivation to get the “W”.
Everything was tied 55-55 at halftime, but the Pacers weren’t quite tied with the New York Knicks in the second half when they met on Tuesday. Indiana fell to New York 104-94. Despite the loss, Indiana had a strong performance from point guard Keifer Sykes, who had 22 points and six assists.
Meanwhile, the game between the Nets and the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday wasn’t a total blowout, but with Brooklyn falling 118-104 at home, he was on the verge of becoming one. Brooklyn was down 96-73 by the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover. Forward Kevin Durant made a good effort for the losing team as he recorded 26 points and six assists as well as three blocks.
Indiana is expected to lose this next by 8.5. However, those who like to bet on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 8-3 ATS when they should be losing.
Indiana failed against Brooklyn in the teams’ previous meeting last October, losing 105-98. Maybe the Pacers will have better luck at home than on the road? Watch the contest and come back to CBS Sports for all the details.
How to watch
- When: Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Or: Gainbridge Field – Indianapolis, Indiana
- TV: Bally Sports Midwest – Indiana
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports app
- Cost of the ticket: $ 29.90
The Nets are an 8.5-point favorite against the Pacers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has evolved a lot since it opened, as it started with the Nets as a favorite with 5.5 points.
Over / Under: -108
See the NBA’s picks for each game, including this one, of SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get choices now.
History of the series
Indiana has won 14 of its last 22 games against Brooklyn.
- October 29, 2021 – Brooklyn 105 vs. Indiana 98
- April 29, 2021 – Brooklyn 130 vs. Indiana 113
- March 17, 2021 – Brooklyn 124 vs. Indiana 115
- February 10, 2021 – Brooklyn 104 vs. Indiana 94
- February 10, 2020 – Brooklyn 106 vs. Indiana 105
- November 18, 2019 – Indiana 115 vs. Brooklyn 86
- October 30, 2019 – Indiana 118 vs. Brooklyn 108
- April 07, 2019 – Brooklyn 108 vs. Indiana 96
- December 21, 2018 – Indiana 114 vs. Brooklyn 106
- October 20, 2018 – Indiana 132 vs. Brooklyn 112
- February 14, 2018 – Indiana 108 vs. Brooklyn 103
- December 23, 2017 – Indiana 123 vs. Brooklyn 119
- December 17, 2017 – Indiana 109 v Brooklyn 97
- October 18, 2017 – Indiana 140 vs. Brooklyn 131
- February 03, 2017 – Indiana 106 vs. Brooklyn 97
- January 05, 2017 – Indiana 121 vs Brooklyn 109
- November 25, 2016 – Indiana 118 v Brooklyn 97
- October 28, 2016 – Brooklyn 103 vs. Indiana 94
- April 10, 2016 – Indiana 129 vs. Brooklyn 105
- March 26, 2016 – Brooklyn 120 vs. Indiana 110
- February 03, 2016 – Indiana 114 vs. Brooklyn 100
- December 18, 2015 – Indiana 104 v Brooklyn 97
Indiana injury report
- Malcolm Brogdon: absent (Achille)
- Jeremy Lamb: Out (Covid-19)
- Caris LeVert: Exit (Covid-19)
- Kelan Martin: absent (Covid-19)
- Torrey Craig: Out (groin)
- Goga Bitadze: Released (Covid-19)
- Chris Duarte: absent (Covid-19)
- Isaiah Jackson: Out (Covid-19)
- TJ Warren: Out (foot)
- TJ McConnell: out (wrist)