Cleveland @San Antonio
Current records: Cleveland 24-18; San Antonio 15-26
What there is to know
The San Antonio Spurs homestand continues as they prepare to face the Cleveland Cavaliers at 8:30 p.m. ET on January 14 at the AT&T Center. Cleveland will strut after a win while Spurs stumble after a loss.
San Antonio was close but no cigar on Wednesday as they lost 128-124 to the Houston Rockets. Point guard Dejounte Murray put in a good effort for the losing team, posting a triple-double with 32 points, 11 assists and ten boards.
Meanwhile, the Cavaliers won their game against the Utah Jazz on Wednesday by a conclusive score of 111-91. The contest was nearly over by the end of the third, at which point Cleveland had established an 88-68 advantage. They can attribute much of their success to power forward Lamar Stevens, who had 23 points and seven rebounds, and small forward Lauri Markkanen, who had 20 points and six rebounds.
San Antonio is expected to lose the next by 3. However, those who like to bet on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 14-7 ATS when they are expected to lose.
San Antonio is now 15-26 while the Cavaliers are 24-18. A few stats to keep in mind while watching: Spurs rank fourth in the league in fouls per game, averaging just 17.9. But Cleveland is even better: they enter the game with the league’s fewest fouls per game at 16.6. We’ll see if that advantage gives Cleveland a path to victory.
How to watch
- When: Friday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Or: AT&T Center – San Antonio, TX
- TV: Bally Sports – Ohio
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports app
- Cost of the ticket: $ 12.94
The Cavaliers are 3-point favorites against the Spurs, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors had a good idea of the line for this one, as the game opened with the Cavaliers as the 2.5-point favorite.
Over / Under: -110
See the NBA’s picks for each game, including this one, of SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get choices now.
History of the series
San Antonio has won eight of its last 12 games against Cleveland.
- April 05, 2021 – Cleveland 125 vs. San Antonio 101
- March 19, 2021 – San Antonio 116 vs. Cleveland 110
- March 08, 2020 – Cleveland 132 vs. San Antonio 129
- December 12, 2019 – Cleveland 117 vs. San Antonio 109
- April 07, 2019 – San Antonio 112 vs. Cleveland 90
- March 28, 2019 – San Antonio 116 vs. Cleveland 110
- February 25, 2018 – San Antonio 110 vs. Cleveland 94
- January 23, 2018 – San Antonio 114 vs. Cleveland 102
- March 27, 2017 – San Antonio 103 vs. Cleveland 74
- January 21, 2017 – San Antonio 118 vs. Cleveland 115
- January 30, 2016 – Cleveland 117 vs. San Antonio 103
- January 14, 2016 – San Antonio 99 vs. Cleveland 95