Miami @ Phoenix
Current records: Miami 24-15; Phoenix 30-8
What there is to know
The Miami Heat haven’t won a game against the Phoenix Suns since November 7, 2019, but they will look to end the drought on Saturday. The Heat’s road trip will continue as they travel to the Footprint Center at 9 p.m. ET to take on Phoenix. These two teams are looking to build on the momentum of their previous victories.
Miami didn’t have much of a break from its game against the Portland Trail Blazers on Wednesday, but they came away with a 115-109 victory nonetheless. Miami shooting guard Max Strus was one of the team’s most active players, shooting 7-on-13 from downtown and finishing with 25 points, five assists and six rebounds.
Meanwhile, the Suns passed the Los Angeles Clippers with points on the line Thursday, winning the game 106-89. Small forward Cameron Johnson and point guard Chris Paul were among Phoenix’s main playmakers, with the former having 24 points and seven boards and the latter a triple-double with 14 points, 13 boards and ten dimes. This is Paul’s first triple-double of the season.
Miami is expected to lose this next by 8.5. However, those who like to bet on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 8-2 ATS when they should lose.
The wins took Miami to 24-15 and the Suns to 30-8. A pair of defensive stats to watch out for: The Heat enter the competition with the fourth lowest points allowed per game in the league at 104.3. As for Phoenix, they kept their opponents at a 43.60% field goal percentage, which places them third in the league.
How to watch
- When: Saturday at 9 p.m. ET
- Or: Footprint Center – Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: Bally Sports – Arizona
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports app
- Cost of the ticket: $ 28.13
The Suns are an 8.5-point favorite against the Heat, according to the latest NBA odds.
The punters were very much in line with the betting community on this one as the game opened with an 8.5 point spread and stayed there.
Over / Under: -111
See the NBA’s picks for each game, including this one, of SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get choices now.
History of the series
Miami has won seven of its last 12 games against Phoenix.
- April 13, 2021 – Phoenix 106 vs. Miami 86
- March 23, 2021 – Phoenix 110 vs. Miami 100
- August 08, 2020 – Phoenix 119 vs. Miami 112
- November 07, 2019 – Miami 124 vs. Phoenix 108
- February 25, 2019 – Phoenix 124 vs. Miami 121
- December 07, 2018 – Miami 115 vs. Phoenix 98
- March 05, 2018 – Miami 125 vs. Phoenix 103
- November 08, 2017 – Miami 126 vs. Phoenix 115
- March 21, 2017 – Miami 112 vs. Phoenix 97
- January 03, 2017 – Phoenix 99 vs Miami 90
- March 03, 2016 – Miami 108 vs. Phoenix 92
- January 08, 2016 – Miami 103 vs. Phoenix 95