Brooklyn to Portland
Current records: Brooklyn 25-13; Portland 15-24
What there is to know
The Brooklyn Nets are 3-9 against the Portland Trail Blazers since January 2016, but they will have a chance to close the gap a bit on Monday. They will face off at 10 p.m. ET on January 10 at the Moda Center in the Rose Quarter without too much rest after completing games yesterday. Both teams are looking to build on the momentum of their previous victories.
It may have taken extra hours to finish the job, but Brooklyn finally got the result they hoped for on Sunday with a 121-119 win over the San Antonio Spurs. The Nets can attribute much of their success to forward Kevin Durant, who had 28 points and six assists with three blocks, and point guard James Harden, who had a double-double with 26 points and 12 more assists. of seven rebounds.
Meanwhile, Portland didn’t have too many problems with the Sacramento Kings at home on Sunday as they won 103-88. Rip City shooting guard Anfernee Simons looked sharp as he shot 7 for 11 from beyond the arc and finished with 31 points and six cents.
Brooklyn is the favorite in this one, with an expected margin of victory of 8 points. This might not be the best time to take on Brooklyn ATS as they’ve let punters down for the past six straight games.
Brooklyn is now 25-13 years old while Rip City is 15-24 years old. Two defensive stats to keep in mind as you watch: The Nets have kept their opponents at a 43.20% field goal percentage, which puts them second in the league. On the other end of the spectrum, the Trail Blazers allowed their opponents to shoot 47.70% from the ground on average, which is the highest allowed shooting percentage in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked against Rip City.
How to watch
- When: Monday at 10 p.m. ET
- Or: Moda Center at the Rose Quarter – Portland, Oregon
- TV: ROOT Sports North-West
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports app
The Nets are an 8-point favorite against the Trail Blazers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The punters moved up slightly against the Nets, as the game opened with the Nets as a 10.5-point favorite.
Over / Under: -114
See the NBA’s picks for each game, including this one, of SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get choices now.
History of the series
Portland has won nine of its last 12 games against Brooklyn.
- April 30, 2021 – Portland 128 vs. Brooklyn 109
- March 23, 2021 – Brooklyn 116 vs. Portland 112
- August 13, 2020 – Portland 134 vs. Brooklyn 133
- November 08, 2019 – Brooklyn 119 vs. Portland 115
- March 25, 2019 – Portland 148 vs. Brooklyn 144
- February 21, 2019 – Portland 113 vs. Brooklyn 99
- November 24, 2017 – Portland 127 vs. Brooklyn 125
- November 10, 2017 – Brooklyn 101 vs. Portland 97
- March 04, 2017 – Portland 130 vs. Brooklyn 116
- November 20, 2016 – Portland 129 vs. Brooklyn 109
- February 23, 2016 – Portland 112 vs. Brooklyn 104
- January 15, 2016 – Portland 116 v Brooklyn 104
Portland injury report
- Larry Nance Jr .: Out (knee)
- CJ McCollum: absent (personal)
- Norman Powell: Released (Covid-19)
- Damian Lillard: Out (Abdomen)
Brooklyn injury report
- James Harden: out (knee)
- LaMarcus Aldridge: Out (foot)
- Joe Harris: out (ankle)