through 3 quarters
The Washington Wizards had to win this one, and they’re only a quarter of the way from meeting that expectation. After three quarters, it increasingly looks like their powerful offense is too much for the Cleveland Cavaliers as the Wizards lead 91-74.
Washington bet on the performance of shooter Bradley Beal, who has 27 points and nine assists. One thing to watch out for is the deplorable situation of Anthony Gill, who is currently five years old.
Cleveland leaned on forward Kevin Love, who has 20 points plus eight rebounds, and forward Evan Mobley, who has 21 points and five rebounds.
If the game was over at this point, it would be the Cavaliers’ worst line of defeat this year.
Cleveland to Washington
Current records: Cleveland 20-14; Washington 17-17
What there is to know
The Cleveland Cavaliers’ road trip will continue as they head to Capital One Arena at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday to take on the Washington Wizards. Since both of these teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a bit of extra motivation heading into this game.
It looks like the Cavaliers must have been on the Santa Claus Villains roster since the team didn’t get the win they were supposed to get on Tuesday. They fell just short of the New Orleans Pelicans by a score of 108-104. Cleveland was leading 39-20 at the end of the first quarter, but couldn’t hold onto the lead. Despite the loss, they got a solid performance from point guard Ricky Rubio, who nearly lost a triple-double with 27 points, 13 rebounds and nine assists.
Meanwhile, Washington failed against the Miami Heat on Tuesday, losing 119-112. The losing side was bolstered by point guard Spencer Dinwiddie, who completed a double-double with 24 points and 11 dimes as well as seven boards.
The Cavaliers are expected to lose this next by 4.5. However, those who like to bet on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 16-6 ATS when they should be losing.
Cleveland didn’t have too many problems with Washington on the road at the teams’ previous meeting earlier this month when they won 116-101. Will Cleveland repeat their success or do the Wizards have a better game plan this time around? We will find out soon enough.
How to watch
- When: Thursday at 7 p.m. ET
- Or: Capital One Arena – Washington, District of Columbia
- TV: Bally Sports – Ohio
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports app
- Cost of the ticket: $ 18.81
The Wizards are a 4.5 point favorite against the Cavaliers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line drifted a bit towards the Wizards, as the game opened with the Wizards as a 2.5-point favorite.
Over / Under: -110
See the NBA’s picks for each game, including this one, of SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get choices now.
History of the series
Cleveland have won 12 of their last 23 games against Washington.
- December 03, 2021 – Cleveland 116 vs. Washington 101
- November 10, 2021 – Washington 97 vs. Cleveland 94
- May 14, 2021 – Washington 120 vs. Cleveland 105
- April 30, 2021 – Washington 122 vs. Cleveland 93
- April 25, 2021 – Washington 119 vs. Cleveland 110
- February 21, 2020 – Cleveland 113 vs. Washington 108
- January 23, 2020 – Washington 124 vs. Cleveland 112
- November 08, 2019 – Cleveland 113 vs. Washington 100
- February 08, 2019 – Washington 119 v Cleveland 106
- January 29, 2019 – Cleveland 116 vs. Washington 113
- December 08, 2018 – Cleveland 116 vs. Washington 101
- November 14, 2018 – Washington 119 v Cleveland 95
- April 05, 2018 – Cleveland 119 vs. Washington 115
- February 22, 2018 – Washington 110 vs. Cleveland 103
- December 17, 2017 – Cleveland 106 vs. Washington 99
- November 03, 2017 – Cleveland 130 vs. Washington 122
- March 25, 2017 – Washington 127 vs. Cleveland 115
- February 06, 2017 – Cleveland 140 vs. Washington 135
- November 11, 2016 – Cleveland 105 v Washington 94
- March 04, 2016 – Cleveland 108 vs. Washington 83
- February 28, 2016 – Washington 113 v Cleveland 99
- January 06, 2016 – Cleveland 121 vs. Washington 115
- 01 Dec. 2015 – Washington 97 v Cleveland 85
Washington injury report
- Davis Bertans: absent (illness)
- Montrezl Harrell: absent (Covid-19)
- Aaron Holiday: outside (Covid-19)
- Raul Neto: absent (Covid-19)
- Spencer Dinwiddie: absent (Covid-19)
- Thomas Bryant: absent (Covid-19)
- Rui Hachimura: absent (Covid-19)
Cleveland injury report
- Cedi Osman: absent (Covid-19)
- Jarrett Allen: absent (Covid-19)
- Darius Garland: Out (Covid-19)
- Ricky Rubio: Out for the Season (knee)
- Collin Sexton: Out for the Season (knee)