Until the 1st trimester
Fans certainly get their money’s worth as the Oklahoma City Thunder and Washington Wizards totaled 61 points in a quarterback. Each team is in a position to win, but Oklahoma City leads 31-30.
Shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (12 points) was the Thunder’s top scorer. Power forward Kyle Kuzma has done his best for Washington, currently scoring 12 points (40% of their total). A double-double would be Kuzma’s third in a row.
This marks the first time Oklahoma City has advanced to the second quarter in the last five games.
Oklahoma City in Washington
Current records: Oklahoma City 13-26; Washington 20-20
What there is to know
After two games on the road, the Washington Wizards return home. They will face the Oklahoma City Thunder at 7 p.m. ET Tuesday at Capital One Arena. The Wizards are still expected to rise high after a win, while Oklahoma City will look to get back to the winning column.
Things were close when Washington and the Orlando Magic met on Sunday, but Washington ultimately edged the opposition 102-100. Washington power forward Kyle Kuzma looked sharp as he put in a double-double with 27 points and 22 rebounds.
Speaking of close games: OKC was close but no cigar on Sunday as they lost 99-95 to the Denver Nuggets. Shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander didn’t really make a difference for Oklahoma City; Gilgeous-Alexander finished with just eight points on a 2-for-14 shot during his 31 minutes on the field.
The Wizards are the favorites in this one, with an expected margin of victory of 6.5 points. This might not be the best time to face Washington ATS as they’ve let punters down for the last three straight games.
Washington won the game against Oklahoma City in the teams’ previous meeting last November, passing 101-99. Will Washington repeat its success or does Oklahoma City have a better game plan this time around? We will find out soon enough.
How to watch
- When: Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Or: Capital One Arena – Washington, District of Columbia
- TV: Bally Sports Oklahoma
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports app
- Cost of the ticket: $ 15.52
The Wizards are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved a lot since it opened, as it started with the Wizards as a 9.5-point favorite.
Over / Under: -110
See the NBA’s picks for each game, including this one, of SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get choices now.
History of the series
Washington has won seven of its last 13 games against Oklahoma City.
- November 26, 2021 – Washington 101 vs. Oklahoma City 99
- April 23, 2021 – Washington 129 v Oklahoma City 109
- April 19, 2021 – Washington 119 v Oklahoma City 107
- August 09, 2020 – Oklahoma City 121 vs. Washington 103
- October 25, 2019 – Washington 97 v Oklahoma City 85
- January 06, 2019 – Washington 116 v Oklahoma City 98
- November 02, 2018 – Oklahoma City 134 vs. Washington 111
- January 30, 2018 – Washington 102 v Oklahoma City 96
- January 25, 2018 – Oklahoma City 121 vs. Washington 112
- February 13, 2017 – Washington 120 v Oklahoma City 98
- November 30, 2016 – Oklahoma City 126 vs. Washington 115
- February 01, 2016 – Oklahoma City 114 vs. Washington 98
- November 10, 2015 – Oklahoma City 125 vs. Washington 101
Washington injury report
- Thomas Bryant: absent (knee)
- Bradley Beal: absent (Covid-19)
Injury report for Oklahoma City
- Vit Krejci: Decision during the match (ankle)
- Isaiah Roby: Out (Covid-19)
- Kenrich Williams: absent (Covid-19)