Miami @ San Antonio
Current records: Miami 22-13; Saint-Antoine 14-19
What there is to know
The Miami Heat have enjoyed the comforts of home in their last four games, but now they have to hit the road. They and the San Antonio Spurs will end the year against each other at 8:30 p.m. ET Wednesday at the AT&T Center. The Heat will debut after a win while San Antonio stumble after a loss.
Miami earned a 119-112 victory over the Washington Wizards on Tuesday. It was another big night for little Miami forward Jimmy Butler, who almost lost a triple-double with 25 points, 15 dimes and eight boards.
Meanwhile, San Antonio was on hand but couldn’t close the gap Monday as they lost 110-104 to the Utah Jazz. Shooting guard Derrick White put in a good effort for the losing team as he recorded 21 points and eight assists.
Miami is expected to lose this next by 3.5. However, those who like to bet on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 7-2 ATS when they should lose.
The Heat are now 22-13 while the Spurs are 14-19. Two numbers to keep in mind before kick-off: Miami enters the game with just 103.4 points allowed per game on average, good for third-best in the league. But San Antonio ranks fourth in the league in points per game, averaging 111.5. These opposing forces should make for an exciting game.
How to watch
- When: Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Or: AT&T Center – San Antonio, Texas
- TV: KENS-TV 5
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports app
- Cost of the ticket: $ 15.09
The Spurs are 3.5-point favorites against the Heat, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors were very much in line with the betting community on this one as the game opened with a 3.5 point spread and stayed there.
Over / Under: -110
See the NBA’s picks for each game, including this one, of SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get choices now.
History of the series
San Antonio has won seven of its last 12 games against Miami.
- April 28, 2021 – Miami 116 vs. San Antonio 111
- April 21, 2021 – Miami 107 v San Antonio 87
- January 19, 2020 – San Antonio 107 vs. Miami 102
- January 15, 2020 – Miami 106 vs. San Antonio 100
- March 20, 2019 – Miami 110 vs. San Antonio 105
- November 07, 2018 – Miami 95 v San Antonio 88
- December 06, 2017 – San Antonio 117 vs. Miami 105
- October 25, 2017 – San Antonio 117 vs. Miami 100
- November 14, 2016 – San Antonio 94 vs. Miami 90
- October 30, 2016 – San Antonio 106 vs. Miami 99
- March 23, 2016 – San Antonio 112 vs. Miami 88
- February 09, 2016 – San Antonio 119 vs. Miami 101