Bobby Green continues to build his reputation as a fighter ready to take on any challenger at any time.
With John Makdessi injured and out of his February 19 clash, Nasrat Haqparast (13-4 MMA, 5-3 UFC) will step back a week and face Green (28-12-1 MMA, 13-8-1 UFC) in UFC 271, which takes place on Saturday, February 12 at the Toyota Center in Houston.
Two people familiar with the game recently confirmed the booking to MMA Junkie but asked to remain anonymous as the promotion has yet to make an official announcement. The fight was first reported by combat sports writer Walter Salcido.
Green recently participated in UFC 268 in November when he finished off former lightweight title challenger Al Iaquinta with punches in the first round of their preliminary card fight. The win snapped a two-fight losing skid for the fan-favorite Green.
Haqparast, a German-born fighter, shared his last four appearances. Following a loss to Drew Dober in January 2020, Haqparast won back-to-back unanimous decisions against Alexander Munoz and Rafa Garcia. He recently competed at UFC 266 in September when he lost a unanimous decision to Dan Hooker.
With the change, the UFC 271 lineup includes:
- Champ Israel Adesanya vs. Robert Whittaker – for the middleweight title
- Derek Brunson vs. Jared Cannonier
- Kyler Phillips vs. Marcelo Rojo
- Roxanne Modafferi vs. Casey O’Neill
- Alex Perez vs. Matt Schnell
- Mark Madsen vs. Vinc Pichel
- Fabio Cherant vs. Carlos Ulberg
- Maxim Grishin vs. Ed Herman
- Ronnie Lawrence vs. Mana Martinez
- Alexander Hernandez vs. Renato Moicano
- AJ Dobson vs. Jacob Malkoun
- Douglas Silva de Andrade v Sergei Morozov
- Orion Cosce vs. Mike Mathetha