Ilia Topuria’s return date remains, but with a new face.
UFC featherweight contender is set to take on late replacement Charles Jourdain at UFC 270 on January 22. Topuria was originally scheduled to face Movsar Evloev, but he was forced to step down due to COVID-19.
MMA Junkie has confirmed the news of the new match following an initial report from Alvaro Colmenero Thursday.
Topuria is coming off a highlight, knockout of grappler Ryan Hall in July at UFC 264. The 24-year-old is undefeated in his MMA career and is considered by many to be one of the top prospects at 145 pounds.
Meanwhile, Jourdain last fought in December, where he won a unanimous decision over Andre Ewell in December. The 26-year-old is 2-1 in his last three trips to the Octagon.
Below is the updated lineup for UFC 270:
Primary pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET
- Francis Ngannou vs. Ciryl Gane
- Brandon Moreno vs. Deiveson Figueiredo
- Charles Jourdain vs. Ilia Topuria
- Greg Hardy vs. Serghei Spivac
- Said Nurmagomedov vs. Cody Stamann
ESPN Preliminary, ESPN +, 8 p.m. ET
- Wellington Turman vs. Rodolfo Vieira
- Tony Gravely vs. Saimon Oliveira
- Jack Della Maddalena against his opponent to be determined
- André Fialho against Michel Pereira
ESPN + preview, 6 p.m. ET
- Raoni Barcelos vs. Victor Henry
- Trevin Giles vs. Michael Morales
- Matt Frevola vs. Genaro Valdez
- Kay Hansen vs. Jasmine Jasudavicius
- Vanessa Demopoulos vs. Silvana Gomez Juarez
Ilia Topuria beat. Ryan Hall at UFC 264: the best pics
See 14 photos