Plans to reschedule an exciting middleweight fight have come to fruition.
A UFC fight between exciting finishers Joaquin Buckley (13-4 MMA, 3-2 UFC) and Abdul Razak Alhassan (11-4 MMA, 5-4 UFC) was originally scheduled to take place at UFC on ESPN 32 on January 15. However, the fight was dropped for undisclosed reasons on Alhassan’s side.
The promotion was hoping to find another date for the pairing that is sure to produce fireworks, and it will now land on an upcoming UFC Fight Night card on February 19. The event is led by former lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos against Rafael Fiziev at UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
A person familiar with the booking has confirmed the new date with MMA Junkie following a Buckley post on Instagram.
Buckley, who created one of the most memorable knockouts in UFC history against Impa Kasanganay in 2020, rebounded from a loss to Alessio Di Chirico with another impressive finish to Antonio Arroyo in the third round of the UFC Fight Night 192 in September.
Alhassan also returned to the win column in his previous outing, breaking a three-fight losing skid with a 17-second header against Di Chirico at the UFC on ESPN 30. Alhassan’s five wins at the UFC were discontinued in the first round.
With the addition, the program for February 19 includes:
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Rafael Fiziev
- Kyle Daukaus vs. Julian Marquez
- Abdul Razak Alhassan vs. Joaquin Buckley
- Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Stéphanie Egger
- Chad Anheliger vs. Jesse Strader
- Jim Miller vs. Nikolas Motta
- Austin Lingo vs. Jonathan Pearce
- Mario Bautista vs. Khalid Taha
- Chas Skelly vs. Mark Striegl
- Nasrat Haqparast against the opponent TBD
- Ilir Latifi vs. Alexandr Romanov
- Diana Belbita vs. Gloria de Paula
- Jamahal Hill vs. Johnny Walker