Borussia Dortmund are due to face Sporting Lisbon in the Champions League tonight. BVB are currently only third in the table and could not reach the knockout stage of the Champions League today if the game ends. In this article, we tell you how BVB missed the knockout stages of the Champions League.
For Borussia Dortmund, the 5th day of the Champions League today is all or nothing. The Bundesliga finalist cannot afford to slide against Sporting Lisbon, otherwise BVB will no longer be able to reach the knockout stages of the Champions League.
BVB: Borussia Dortmund missed Champions League round of 16 today
Borussia Dortmund are under pressure today in the Champions League. BVB are currently only third in Group C. BVB are tied with today’s opponents from Lisbon. Ajax Amsterdam, leaders of Group C, are six points behind.
If the BVB lose today with a difference of two or more goals, the end of the Champions League is sealed tonight. And even if BVB lost the game by just one goal, the advancement would only be theoretical in nature. This is due to the regulations published by UEFA. With a loss today, BVB could at most equalize with Sporting Lisbon on the last day of the match. Both teams would then have nine points and with BVB’s victory in the first leg of the group stage against Sporting, the following mechanics would come into play:
- The number of points of the direct comparison of the two teams will be counted. The direct comparison of the two teams would be 3: 3.
- Then, the goal difference is evaluated from the direct comparison. With a result of 2-0 or more for Sporting Lisbon, Sporting would have scored more goals than BVB in direct comparison and BVB would be eliminated.
- In the event that BVB is defeated by a single goal, the goal difference from all group matches will be assessed. BVB would then have a goal difference of -5 and Sporting Lisbon of +3 goals. The BVB should then make up an eight goal difference on the last day of the Champions League. An extremely difficult undertaking in the Champions League.
For BVB, this means that they would only have their fate in their hands if they won. With a draw today, BVB should look forward to some help on the final matchday. But the staff situation is anything but easy for BVB. Thorgan Hazard, who tested positive for the corona virus, is now also joining the failures. Without him, BVB will have to try to keep their chances of reaching the round of 16 today.
Sporting Lisbon vs BVB, broadcast: Champions League live on TV and live today
If you don’t want to miss today’s game between Sporting Lisbon and BVB, you can join DAZN in good hands. to DAZN 1 you can watch the match from 9 p.m. live and in full. The broadcast of the match begins at 8:30 p.m. Jan Platte and DAZN– Expert Sandro Wagner is on duty as commentators.
Due to the many offensive failures, Donyell Malen currently plays a decisive role at BVB.
to DAZN 2 you can also watch the match live. There, however, with the other matches of the evening in conference.
DAZN Also offers a live broadcast of the match, with which you can also see the match live and in full. With the free DAZNApp you can also easily stream the game to your tablet or smartphone.
A DAZN subscription costs you 14.99 euros per month. Alternatively, you can book an annual subscription with DAZN, which costs you 149.99 euros and saves you 29.98 euros over the year.
With a DAZNIn addition to the Champions League, you can subscribe to Bundesliga matches on Friday and Sunday, Serie A, Ligue 1, Primera Division, tennis, major American sports (NFL, NBA), boxing, winter sports and many other sports highlights. world.
Sporting Lisbon vs BVB, Champions League: probable numbers
- Sporting Lisbon: Adan – Goncalo Inacio, Coates, Feddal – Pedro Porro, Joao Palhinha, Matheus Nunes, Matheus Reis – Pedro Gonçalves, Paulinho, Sarabia
- BVB: Kobel – Meunier, Akanji, Zagadou, Guerreiro – Dahoud – Brandt, Bellingham – Reus, St. Tigges, Malen
Sporting Lisbon vs BVB, broadcast: Champions League today in live ticker
To SPOX you can follow today’s game between Sporting Lisbon and BVB in the live ticker. Here you can find the live ticker for the game.
BVB: Borussia Dortmund missed Champions League round of 16 today – Group C at a glance
LocationTeamGamesDoorsDifferencePoints1Ajax Amsterdam414: 212122Sports Lisbon4th9: 726th3Borussia Dortmund4th4: 8-46th4Besiktas JK42: 12-100