Ferrari junior Arthur Leclerc stays in Formula 3

Ferrari star Charles Leclerc made the leap into Formula 1 four years ago, and his brother Arthur wants to do the same. This year, however, the 21-year-old will be competing in Formula 3 again.

Charles Leclerc is already tackling his fourth season with Ferrari this year, the 24-year-old from Monte Carlo finished last season in seventh place overall after finishing 18 of 22 races of the season in points and finishing second at Silverstone . He almost won the third GP, but in the end he had to bow to the significantly faster Mercedes star Lewis Hamilton.

Arthur Leclerc wants to follow the example of his brother Charles and also fight in the premier class. But he still has to prove himself in the second highest junior class, Formula 3. He finished his rookie season in tenth place last year, winning two of the 20 races of the season and finishing second (in Hungary) on the podium again.

The rookie achieved his first victory at the second race weekend in Le Castellet, and repeated the brilliant act in Zandvoort. This year he will compete again with Prema Racing in Formula 3 and this time the 21-year-old wants to be among the front runners. He can’t wait for the season to finally start.

«I am overjoyed because I can continue working with Prema. I think we did a good job last year and the 2022 season will give us the opportunity to apply what we have learned and build on it. I can start today, ”says Arthur happily.

Team boss René Rosin says about the commitment of the young Monegasque, who belongs to the Ferrari Driver Academy: “It is great to continue this collaboration and I am sure that he can continue his learning process. He already showed in 2021 that he has the potential to be the front runner. “

Planned Formula 1 World Cup in 2022

23-25 February: Test drives Barcelona, ​​Spain
11-13 March: Test drives Sakhir, Bahrain
March 20: Sakhir, Bahrain
March 27: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
April 10: Melbourne, Australia
April 24th: Imola, Italy
May 8: Miami, USA
May 22nd: Barcelona, ​​Spain
May 29: Monte Carlo, Monaco
June 12: Baku, Azerbaijan
June 19: Montreal, Canada
July 3: Silverstone, Great Britain
July 10: Spielberg, Austria
July 24th: Le Castellet, France
July 31: Budapest, Hungary
August 28th: ​​Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
September 4th: Zandvoort, Netherlands
September 11th: Monza, Italy
September 25: Sochi, Russia
October 2: Singapore
October 9: Suzuka, Japan
October 23: Austin, USA
October 30: Mexico City, Mexico
November 13: São Paulo, Brazil
November 20: Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.