After a heavy triple header, the teams and drivers were able to recover for a week, but this weekend they will have to work hard again for the Grand Prix of Russia. The timetable for the Grand Prix deviates slightly from the usual due to the time difference with Russia.
The Sochi Autodrom has been on the Formula 1 calendar since 2014 and has grown into a Mercedes stronghold as no other team has won. The 5.8-kilometer circuit passes through the Olympic Village of the 2014 Winter Olympics hosted in Sochi. The drivers will complete 53 laps on Sunday, where the start could be crucial due to the long run into the first corner.
Last year Valtteri Bottas took the win after a penalty for pole sitter Lewis Hamilton, who made a practice start in the wrong place before the race. It was the ninth and so far last win for the Finn, who hopes to repeat his result from last year this weekend. Just like last year, the timetable deviates from the usual due to the one hour time difference with Russia.
The timetable for the GP Russia (Dutch time):
Friday September 24:
- Free Training 1: 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- Free Training 2: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Saturday September 25:
- Free Training 3: 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Qualification: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Sunday 26 September:
- Race: 2:00 PM
For the racing fanatic, it is a lot of fun, because this weekend Formula 3 and Formula 2 again fall in the same weekend. Due to the corona pandemic, the organization decided to split the two junior classes in order to limit costs, although this caused large breaks between races in Formula 2 in particular. For Formula 2 it is the sixth round of the championship, Formula 3 is already on the seventh and final round. In Formula 3, Red Bull junior Dennis Hauger leads the way and also seems to be crowned champion, although with three races anything is possible for Jack Doohan, who has to bridge a gap of 43 points.
The timetable for Formula 3 and Formula 2 this weekend (Dutch time):
- Free Practice (Friday): 07:55 AM – 08:40 AM
- Qualification (Friday): 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM
- Race 1 (Saturday): 7:35 AM – 8:20 AM
- Race 2 (Saturday): 12:40 PM – 1:25 PM
- Race 3 (Sunday): 8:55 AM – 9:40 AM
- Free Practice (Friday): 09:05 AM – 09:50 AM
- Qualifying (Friday): 3:25 PM – 3:55 PM
- Sprint Race 1 (Saturday): 9:30 AM – 10:20 AM
- Sprint Race 2 (Saturday): 3:45 PM – 4:35 PM
- Feature Race (Sunday): 10:20 AM – 11:25 AM