Sergio Pérez: “That’s why I love Formula 1”

Formula 1 veteran Sergio Pérez looks back on his first year with the Red Bull Racing Team and explains why the premier class of four-wheel racing is never boring.

Last year Sergio Pérez completed his eleventh Formula 1 season and the GP veteran ended up in fourth place in the overall standings, as in the previous year. It was not an easy game for the Mexican, because he opened a new chapter with Red Bull Racing – and immediately had to fight for the title.

“That was very intense,” admits the 31-year-old from Guadalajara during his visit to the “TAG Heuer” podcast “The Edge”. “I didn’t have the time for the adjustment process that you generally go through when your own car is competitive but can’t yet drive for the title. I immediately had to fight for the championship crown in the team standings, alongside Max Verstappen, who was fighting for the driver’s title, ”he adds.

“But it was a great challenge because I had to learn a lot and worked harder than ever to adapt to the team and the engineers and mechanics. It wasn’t easy, but we fought and did our best, ”explains Pérez. The ever new tasks are entirely to his taste.

“That’s the nice thing about this sport, it always challenges you, it’s never the same,” enthuses the two-time GP winner. “I’ve been with it for eleven years and I’m still learning new things, because the sport is constantly developing. That is why there are always new tasks to learn, new driving and working methods. It’s not that you gain experience and then don’t have to do anything. The sport challenges you to the limit, and not just on the track. That’s why I love Formula 1, it never gets boring because it’s constantly changing. “

Planned Formula 1 World Cup in 2022

23-25 February: Test drives Barcelona, ​​Spain
11-13 March: Test drives Sakhir, Bahrain
March 20: Sakhir, Bahrain
March 27: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
April 10: Melbourne, Australia
April 24th: Imola, Italy
May 8: Miami, USA
May 22nd: Barcelona, ​​Spain
May 29: Monte Carlo, Monaco
June 12: Baku, Azerbaijan
June 19: Montreal, Canada
July 3: Silverstone, Great Britain
July 10: Spielberg, Austria
July 24th: Le Castellet, France
July 31: Budapest, Hungary
August 28th: ​​Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
September 4th: Zandvoort, Netherlands
September 11th: Monza, Italy
September 25: Sochi, Russia
October 2: Singapore
October 9: Suzuka, Japan
October 23: Austin, USA
October 30: Mexico City, Mexico
November 13: São Paulo, Brazil
November 20: Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.