ATP RANKING – No player in the Top 20 has won or lost a place in the ranking published on Monday by the ATP, as the US Open 2021 begins where the Serbian Novak Djokovic, still world No. 1, will aim for a Grand Historic slam. Novak Djokovic still largely dominates an ATP ranking.
No changes in the top 20 of the ATP ranking. The only tournament organized for men last week was that of Winston-Salem, an ATP 250, at the end of which the Belarus Ilya Ivashka swept in the final the young Swede Mikael Ymer (6-0, 6-2). What to gain 10 places at once to move to 53rd place, and therefore at the gates of the Top 50.
Ymer will console himself with the best progression of the Top 100 this week: thanks to his good American week, and despite his defeat in the final, he gained 18 places and climbed to 72nd place.
On the French side, Gaël Monfils (20th), Ugo Humbert (26th), Adrian Mannarino (44th) and Benoît Paire (49th) remain in the Top 50, in the same order and without change of place. A little further, Jérémy Chardy lost one place (70th) and Richard Gasquet regained three (79th).
Big favorite at Flushing Meadows, Serbian Novak Djokovic still occupies first place ahead of Russian Daniil Medvedev and Greek Stefanos Tsitsipas.
ATP ranking as of August 30:
- Novak Djokovic (SRB) 11113 pts
- Daniil Medvedev (RUS) 9980 pts
- Stefanos Tsitsipas (GRE) 8350 pts
- Alexander Zverev (GER) 8240 pts
- Rafael Nadal (ESP) 7815 pts
- Dominic Thiem (AUT) 6995 pts
- Andrey Rublev (RUS) 6400 pts
- Matteo Berrettini (ITA) 5533 pts
- Roger Federer (SUI) 4125 pts
- Denis Shapovalov (CAN) 3580 pts
- Casper Ruud (NOR) 3455 pts
- Pablo Carreño Busta (ESP) 3325 pts
- Hubert Hurkacz (POL) 3128 pts
- Diego Schwartzman (ARG) 2980 pts
- Félix Auger-Aliassime (CAN) 2828 pts
- Jannik Sinner (ITA) 2750 pts
- Alex De Minaur (AUS) 2555 pts
- Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) 2511 pts
- Christian Garín (CHI) 2510 pts
- Gaël Monfils (FRA) 2503 pts