The Ukrainian Elina Svitolina, victorious Saturday in Chicago, takes 5th place in the world rankings, published on Monday by the WTA and still dominated by Ashleigh Barty, at the American Sofia Kenin, the only change in the Top 25 on the first day of the US Open.
Another titled player on Saturday in Cleveland, Estonian Anett Kontaveit only gained two places (28th) while her opponent in the final, Romanian Irina Begu (63rd), jumped 11 places. On the French side, Alizé Cornet, beaten by Svitolina in the final in Chicago, like three other French women before her by the Ukrainian the same week, regains 12 places and is positioned in 56th place, far from her best ranking (11th in 2009). .
Suddenly, the 31-year-old Niçoise becomes the best French again, ahead of Kristina Mladenovic (58th), who loses a place, just like Caroline Garcia (62nd), beaten in the round of 16 by Kontaveit in Cleveland. She sees Fiona Ferro (74th) coming back behind her, winning six.
WTA ranking as of August 30:
- Ashleigh Barty (AUS) 10185 pts
- Aryna Sabalenka (BLR) 7010 pts
- Naomi Osaka (JPN) 6666 pts
- Karolina Pliskova (CZE) 5530 pts
- Elina Svitolina (UKR) 5210 (+1) pts
- Sofia Kenin ( USA) 5030 (-1) pts
- Bianca Andreescu (CAN) 4537 pts
- Iga Swiatek (POL) 4461 pts
- Barbora Krejcikova (CZE) 4273 pts
- Garbiñe Muguruza (ESP) 4210 pts
- Petra Kvitova (CZE) 4170 pts
- Belinda Bencic (SUI) 4170 pts
- Simona Halep (ROM) 3881 pts
- Jennifer Brady (USA) 3489 pts
- Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) 3420 pts
- Elise Mertens (BEL) 3330 pts
- Angelique Kerber (GER) 3245 pts
- Maria Sakkari ( GRE) 3210 pts
- Victoria Azarenka (BLR) 3160 pts
- Elena Rybakina (KAZ) 3083 pts